Random Quote Generator
This web-app produces random design-themed quotes at the click of a button.
This is my take on the first of the Intermediate Front End Development Projects for freeCodeCamp’s Front End Developer Certification.
I had issues accessing the quote API from within CodePen which caused a lot of head scratching and learning (good), but the project took longer than I originally anticipated, clocking in at almost 11 hours (not so good).
The brief for the Build a Random Quote Machine project was as follows:
- Objective: Build a CodePen.io app that is functionally similar to this: https://codepen.io/freeCodeCamp/full/ONjoLe/.
- Fulfill the below user stories. Use whichever libraries or APIs you need. Give it your own personal style.
- User Story: I can click a button to show me a new random quote.
- User Story: I can press a button to tweet out a quote.
- Remember to use Read-Search-Ask if you get stuck.
- When you are finished, click the “I’ve completed this challenge” button and include a link to your CodePen.
- You can get feedback on your project by sharing it with your friends on Facebook.